Public transit in Canada can be an unexpected source of stress or adventure to immigrants. This post includes 12 things that you need to know to make your commute safer and more enjoyable. This post is based mainly on my experiences in Metro Vancouver. But my limited trips to Greater Toronto Area show similarities in the system used in at least these two cities. Before anything else, let’s have a look at some informational videos from Metro Vancouver’s Translink System: Trip Information Paying Your Fare Validating Your Fare Transit Tips When I arrived in Canada in 2011, I had a...
- Bowen Island: A Serene Sanctuary 20 Minutes Away From the City
- Alwyn’s Story: Seizing Opportunities in Canada
- Lola’s Story: Creating Fun and Inclusive Spaces for Immigrants in Canada
- 5 Canadian Workplace Observations to Help Immigrants Integrate
- Aeron’s Story: Sharing Inspiration Through An Immigrant’s Life Podcast