Setting up finances in Canada is essential to starting a good life. Here are 5 easy steps to get started. 1. Get SIN Most immigrant’s to-do list starts with applying for a Social Insurance Number (SIN). I was no different. I applied for mine in-person at a Service Canada Centre on the first working hour after I landed in Canada. What is a SIN? The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a unique 9-digit number issued to a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a temporary resident. The first digit of the SIN has a meaning. Numbers 1 to 7 indicate...
- Bowen Island: A Serene Sanctuary 20 Minutes Away From the City
- Alwyn’s Story: Seizing Opportunities in Canada
- Lola’s Story: Creating Fun and Inclusive Spaces for Immigrants in Canada
- 5 Canadian Workplace Observations to Help Immigrants Integrate
- Aeron’s Story: Sharing Inspiration Through An Immigrant’s Life Podcast