The excitement of receiving the permanent resident visa comes with doubt and anxiety. To relieve these, I started preparing for Canadian life by participating in the Planning for Canada program. Planning for Canada, previously known as the Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP), offers free services to eligible newcomers before coming to Canada. They provide valuable information related to the move, settlement, and employment in Canada. Here are the steps to help prepare for your move via Planning for Canada: 1. Register for the Planning for Canada services. According to their website, Planning for Canada services are currently available in person in...
- Bowen Island: A Serene Sanctuary 20 Minutes Away From the City
- Alwyn’s Story: Seizing Opportunities in Canada
- Lola’s Story: Creating Fun and Inclusive Spaces for Immigrants in Canada
- 5 Canadian Workplace Observations to Help Immigrants Integrate
- Aeron’s Story: Sharing Inspiration Through An Immigrant’s Life Podcast