Mentors played a huge role in my successful integration and settlement story. They were my counselors, personal cheerleaders, and guardian angels. In this post, I will share what is a mentor, my experiences with mentors, and ways that a mentor can help a newcomer. I will also share some resources that can help start your search for the right mentor. What is a Mentor The Insurance Institute defines a mentor as “a person who has professional and life experience and who voluntarily agrees to help a mentee develop skills, competencies, or goals. Put another way, a mentor is an advisor...
- Bowen Island: A Serene Sanctuary 20 Minutes Away From the City
- Alwyn’s Story: Seizing Opportunities in Canada
- Lola’s Story: Creating Fun and Inclusive Spaces for Immigrants in Canada
- 5 Canadian Workplace Observations to Help Immigrants Integrate
- Aeron’s Story: Sharing Inspiration Through An Immigrant’s Life Podcast